The Ministry of Education, Sports and Youth (YPAN) informs parents/guardians that registrations/transfers to Public Kindergartens and Primary Schools for the 2023-2024 school year will be as follows and last school year.
Specifically, for the smooth conduct of registrations/transfers, parents/guardians are requested to follow the following:
1. TIME REGISTRATION
- Student registrations for the school year 2023-2024 in Public Kindergartens and Primary Schools will be carried out by 16 until January 18, 2023.
- There will be no new registration period, except for students who for reasonable reasons could not register in the above time period.
- No additional classes will be approved at any school beyond those resulting from January enrollments (January 16-18, 2023). Therefore, those parents/guardians who do not register their children in January will be obliged to register them in the nearest school in their area, where there will be vacancies.
- Then on January 18, 2023, all students who present themselves for new registration or transfer to schools, should to address the relevant Provincial Education Office (E.G.P.). The E.G.P. they will inform the affected schools of new registrations or transfers.
- The Unified All-Day Schools (E.O.S.) have compulsory attendance until 15 :05 or until 16:00(except Wednesday where the hours are 7:45 a.m. to 1:05 p.m., with the exception of Agios Antonios Primary School which has a five-day afternoon school). A single departure time is valid for all the students of each E.O.S. Those parents/guardians who are unable to keep to this schedule should apply for registration/transfer to another school within the registration/transfer timetables (January 16-18, 2023).
2. REGISTRATION PROCESS
2.1 Students who during the current school year attend:
- in grades 1 – 5 of Primary
- in Compulsory Pre-Primary Education (i.e. children born 1/9/2017 – 31/12/2017)< /li>
- in the Kindergarten of their educational district and have a date of birth 1/1/2018 – 12/31/2018.
For the above categories of students, the following registration/transfer procedure is followed:
- January 16, 2023: The schools send the parents/guardians, through the children, a Declaration of Enrollment form. The schools that operate with Cycle A and B, send, additionally, the DDE 11 form for the children of the 3rd grade.
- January 17-18, 2023: Parents/guardians complete the form and send it, through their children, back to the school . The children of the 3rd grade (in the schools of Circle A and B) also present the completed form DDE11.
- 19 January 2023: Schools check the forms they have collected to see if all parents have responded. Otherwise, a reminder is given so that all forms are returned to the school by January 20, 2023 at the latest. At the same time, schools check registration forms to see if there are parents/guardians who wish to transfer their child. In these cases, the specific parents/guardians, through their children, are forwarded the form DDE 33.
- Until January 20, 2023: All Registration Declarations, the forms DDE 11 and the transfer forms DDE 33.
2.2   ; Pupils who will enroll for the first time in the specific Public Kindergarten or Primary School
For the above students, the following registration/transfer procedure is followed:
- January 16-18, 2023: The parents/guardians place in a closed envelope, all the necessary forms/certificates/documents for the registration of their child in the school of their educational district and the application for transfer (if they wish to transfer). Then, they drop the closed envelope into a special box that will be placed in the school area.
- In the same area, there will also be the necessary forms for registration (form DDE 11) and for transfer (form DDE 33) for parents/guardians who do not have access to the internet.
- Parents/guardians come to the specific area having filled out, in advance, all the necessary forms just to drop the envelope in the box and leave.
- January 16-18, 2023: The school reviews all registration/transfer applications and contacts all parents/guardians by phone:
- to confirm the child's registration,
- to secure any information/data that they do not have given/presented and
- to inform parents/guardians that their application for transfer will be forwarded to the relevant E.G.P. and as soon as the school has any information it will inform them about it.
- By 20 January 2023: Any information/certificates that were not submitted with the application for registration/transfer are provided to the school.
2.3 Students who wish to attend the occupied Kormakitis Primary School or the occupied Kormakitis Kindergarten
The Y.P.A.N. intends to operate a Primary School and Kindergarten in Kormakitis from the next school year 2023-2024, provided that there is interest and the required number of students are registered.
For this purpose, those who wish to attend their children at Kormakiti Primary School or Kindergarten should first fill out the necessary forms for their child's enrollment in the school of their educational district or for enrollment in the school their child already attends, based on the aforementioned instructions.
Then, for children of compulsory age, they should fill in the form DDE 33"Application for Transfer to a Primary School or Kindergarten (Compulsory Pre-Primary Education and Pre-Primary Class) of another region» and deliver it to the Primary School or Kindergarten of Agios Maronas, respectively, in the period 16-18 January 2023.
In the same period , an application for registration at the Kormakitis Kindergarten can also be submitted for children under the age of 3 – 48/12 years, i.e. for all children born from January 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020. The application is submitted on form DDE 30 "Application for enrollment in a Public/Public and Community Kindergarten for children aged 3 – 48/12 years». The form is placed, together with the necessary documents/certificates, in a closed envelope and dropped in the special box at the Agios Maronas Kindergarten.
3. REGISTERING RIGHT
- All children, of any nationality, residing in Cyprus, regardless of whether their parents/guardians are legally staying on the island or not, have the right to register.
- Accepted for registration in Compulsory Pre-Primary Education are the children born from September 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
- Eligible for enrollment in the Pre-Primary Class strong>are the children born to September 1, 2017 until August 31, 2018.
- Children born from September 1, 2016 until August 31, 2017.
- Children born between January 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020 can also submit applications for enrollment in Public Kindergartens.< /li>
4. EDUCATION DISTRICTS
- The revised educational districts, for the school year 2023-2024 have been posted on the website of the Ministry of Education:
http://www.moec .gov.cy/dde/ekpaideftikes_perifereies_2023_24.html. district, even if a parent/guardian intends to request a transfer.
- For children of Compulsory Pre-Primary Education, who secured transfer for the current school year, the transfer process is not required again, to enroll in the Pre-Primary Class.
5. FORMS/CERTIFICATES/DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION
The following documents should be submitted during the registration/transfer process:
- Form DDE 11
- Title of form: "Application for enrollment in Primary School or Kindergarten (Compulsory Pre-Primary Education and Pre-Primary Class)»
- Submitted from all parents/guardians enrolling their child in the particular school for the first time.
- It can be obtained from the school or from the website of the Ministry of Education and Culture: http://www.moec.gov.cy/dde/entipa.html.
- Birth Certificate/Passport
- For students born in Cyprus, an officialBirth Certificate.
- For students born outside Cyprus, an official Birth Certificate from the Competent Authority of the country in which they were born is required. The Passport is accepted as an official certificate.
- Photocopies of the above documents are accepted, only if they have been certified by a competent official.
- Bills proving residential street
- All parents/guardians enrolling their child in this school for the first time will be required to provide two recent dog and electricity bills, proving that the street of the student's residence is the one declared and falls within the school's educational district. It is noted that those who live in the Municipality of Aglantzia, due to the fact that they do not have a dog account, should provide in addition to the electricity bill and the real estate bill.
- In cases where the residence of the student is rented and it is not possible to provide a dog bill, it should be provided, in addition to the electricity bill and the rental document.
- In cases where, due to a recent move, there is no dog bill, the building permit and recent electricity bill should be provided.
- Please note that for parents/guardians living in the same house as the grandparent or other relatives, and therefore do not have the two accounts in their own name, which are required to certify the address of residence, they should provide:
a) accounts showing the name of the relative with whom they live and
b) responsible declaration stating the name of the relative with whom they live and since when they have lived with the specific person.
The declaration should be signed by both the student's parents/guardians and the relative with whom they live. The signed declaration should finally be certified by the relevant Mayor/Mayor/Certificate Officer.
- Status vaccination
- When enrolling a child in a Public Primary School for the first time (children in Grade 1 and of any other class coming from private schools or schools abroad), parents should provide copy of the Immunization Card or the relevant page of the Health Booklet, where the child's vaccination status will be shown and his name will be written.
- Copy of the Immunization Card or the relevant page of the Health Booklet will must be presented regardless of whether the vaccinations have been done or not, that is, even if the relevant Card/page is presented blank.
- Although it is preferable to present the child's Immunization Card, it may also be accepted presentation of a relevant certificate from the child's pediatrician.
- Certificate of Attendance
- Upon registration students in the 1st grade of Primary School, it is necessary to present a "Certificate of attendance" in a Public/Community/Private Kindergarten.
- For this reason, the Principals of the Public Kindergartens should issue, before the start of January registrations, the relevant certificate (DDE form 29).
- The parents/guardians of students who attend Community or Private Kindergartens should obtain this certificate from the Directorate of the School in which their child attends.
- In the event that it is established that a child does not attend in an approved Kindergarten, should:
(a) parents/guardians immediately arrange to enroll their child in another Kindergarten, which is approved by Y.P.A.N . and
(b) to temporarily enroll the student in 1st grade, until the parents/guardians present a certificate of enrollment of their child in an approved Kindergarten.
- The lists of approved Community/Private Kindergartens are posted on the website of the Ministry of Education and Culture:
- It is noted that, at the start of attendance in the 1st grade of Primary Schools, in September 2023, it will be necessary to present an official indicative attendance record in the Pre-Primary grade from a Public/Community/approved Private Kindergarten.
< ul style="list-style-type:circle;">
- Title of form: «Application for Transfer to a Primary School or Kindergarten (Compulsory Pre-Primary Education and Pre-Primary Class) of Another Region»
- This form is filled onlyby the parents/guardians who wish the child the sto enroll in a school other than that of their educational district.
- No application for transfer will be considered unless the child has first been enrolled in the school of his school district.
- It can be obtained from the school or from the website of the Ministry of Health: http://www.moec.gov.cy/dde /entipa.html.
- Applications for transfer will be submitted by the parents/guardians to the schools in their educational district during the registration period and forwarded by the schools to the relevant E.G.P.
- The DDE 33 form is relevant.
- Transfers which concern reasons for relocation and do not create new departments or other problems at the school, are carried out during the registration period, by the School Management to which there is an intention to transfer the child, after presenting information proving the movement/residence of the parents/guardians. Parents/guardians take care in advance to obtain from the school they intend to transfer, through their children, the official birth certificate.
- Those parents/guardians present, for any reason, for registration transfer of their child after January 18, 2023, they should be sent to the relevant E.G.P. In these cases, the parents/guardians can send the relevant form (DDE33) and other documents/certificates/excuses that they must provide to justify their request, by fax or e-mailto the relevant E. G.P., without their physical presence.
- It is clarified that applications for registration/transfer to the relevant E.G.P. submitted only by parents/guardians of children of Primary and compulsory pre-primary age (48/12 – 6 years old) and not by parents/guardians of younger children.
7. PERIOD OF EXAMINATION OF TRANSCRIPTION APPLICATIONS
- The examination of applications for transfer will be conducted between January 23 and February 3, 2023.
- There will be no further transfer review period.
- For approved or non-approved transfers, the relevant E.G.P. will inform the affected schools by letter, via fax, no later than February 10, 2023.
- The schools where the children were enrolled will inform the affected parents, in the period 13-17 February 2023, so that, within one week, they can get the documents from one school and register at the other school or make an objection, if they wish it.
- No pending registrations/transfers should remain after 24 February 2023.
- AGE CHILDREN REGISTRATIONS 3-48/12 YEARS OLD IN PUBLIC KINDERGARTEN SCHOOLS
- Applications for enrollment in Public Kindergartens can also be submitted by younger children 3 – 48 /12 years old, i.e. all children born from January 1, 2019 until August 31, 2020.
- The application submission can be made at any kindergarten during the period 16-18 January 2023.
- The application is submitted on form DDE 30 "Application for enrollment in Public/Public and Community Kindergarten for children aged 3 – 4 8/12 years". The form is placed, together with the necessary documents/certificates, in a closed envelope. Then, the parents/guardians drop the envelope in the special box that will be located, for this purpose, in a protected area of the school.
- It is emphasized that in case the child is enrolled in a Kindergarten out educational district, this does not guarantee his continued attendance at the same schoolwhen this will be of compulsory pre-primary age (4 8/12 – 6 years old), nor does it give any preference over other children when considering his possible application for transfer. For this reason, it is recommended that parents/guardians submit an application to the Kindergarten in their educational district, so that the child can continue his education in the same school.
- It is clarified that requests for transfer > they are not made by parents/guardians of children of this age.
- It is noted that children of this age group who do not succeed in securing a place in the kindergarten they applied for, retain the right to claim a place in another kindergarten that has vacant places. In this case, the parents should attach to their new application the form "Not guaranteed a place to attend a Public Kindergarten», which will be sent to them by the kindergarten they originally applied for, so that the their new application to be considered timely.
- The selection of children 3 – 4 8/12years old to study in Public Kindergartens, is done on the basis of approved criteria and depending on the age category in which each child falls: B΄ category: 4 – 4 8/12 years old (January 1st 2019 – 31st   ;August 2019) and 3rd category: 3 – 4 years old (1st September 2019 – 31st August 2020).
- The DDE 30 form can be obtained from the school or from the website of the Ministry of Health: http://www.moec.gov.cy/dde/entipa.html.
- CONTACT DETAILS OF PROVINCIAL EDUCATION OFFICES
Nicosia Provincial Office of Education
Limassol Provincial Office of Education
Provincial Office of Education of Larnaca- Famagusta : firstname.lastname@example.org
Paphos Provincial Office of Education
Also read: The two girls who fell into a hole met their rescuer (pics)