The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 23, 2022 :
- 3 deaths from COVID-19 were reported, bringing the total number of deaths to 712.
- 238 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 76 are in serious condition. 73.53% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 21 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be treated intubated in a serious condition due to COVID in an Intensive Care Unit.
- A total of 83,323 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 1,813 (positivity rate: 2.18%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 235,958.
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The 3 deaths announced with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 disease, relate to:
– A 76-year-old woman, who died on January 22 at the Limassol General Hospital.
– A woman, 85 years old, who ended up on January 23 at the Limassol General Hospital.
– A woman, 84 years old, who ended up on January 23 at the Limassol General Hospital.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 disease is 712, of which:
- 447 men (62.8%), and
- 265 women (37.2%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76 years.
In total, 238 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 76 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 76 patients who are in serious condition, 27 are intubated, 4 are admitted to an intensive ventilator intensive care unit and 45 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||17|
|Intensive Care Unit||9|
|Intensive Care Unit||11|
|Intensive Care Unit||3|
|Intensive Care Unit||5|
| Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||4|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 83,323 diagnoses made, 4,564 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 78,759 by the antigen rapid test method, 1,813 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 44 cases from 352 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 60 cases from 2,037 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 149 cases from 1,866 samples taken through private initiative.
- 7 cases from 137 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 666 cases from 30,703 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 885 cases from 48,056 samples examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
- 2 cases from 172 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Doctors and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
The figures mentioned in the announcement are indicative and may vary based on the final and up-to-date data sent in the context of the National Epidemiological Risk Report published every second Friday.