The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 20, 2021:
- No deaths of COVID-19 patients have been reported to date, leaving a total of 176 deaths.
- 192 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 60 are in serious condition.
- A total of 9,884 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 178 (positivity rate: 1.80%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 29,472 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients were reported today. Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 disease remains 176, of which:
- 117 men (66%), and
- 59 women (34%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 80 years.
In total, 192 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 60 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 60 patients who are critical, 29 are intubated, eight are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 23 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (63 patients)||Intensive Care Unit||8|
|Intensive Care Unit||37 (8 out of ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||7|
|Intensive Care Unit||8|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 9,884 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 2,050 were made by molecular method (PCR) and 7,834 by antigen rapid test, 178 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted in the following:
- 58 cases from 342 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 24 cases from 799 samples taken through private initiative.
- 18 cases from 344 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 4 cases from 258 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 74 cases from 7,834 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 98 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 31 samples taken as part of a re-inspection carried out on the 7th day after the arrival of persons who have returned from the United Kingdom and are in a mandatory restriction in hotels in the Republic.
- 178 samples taken under the immigrant structures control program.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province||Sampling points||Test number||Number of positives|
|Limassol||Central area – Point A.||175||5|
|Central area – Point B.||275||11|
|Positiveness rate:||2.38 %|
|Larnaca||Central area – Point A.||204||6|
|Central area – Point B.||125||1|
|Positiveness rate:||1.47 %|
|Positiveness rate:||1, 25 %|
|Positiveness rate:||1.75 %|
|Retirement Homes / Roofs||Nicosia||537||0|
|Public sector||Departments / Services / Ministries all over Cyprus||603||0|
|Industries / Crafts / Private Companies||Pancyprian||1,004||0|
Dr. Tsioutis: Slow and careful relaxation in February – Evaluation on two levels
So far, two hundred health professionals have been vaccinated at the Paphos General Hospital