The Ministry of Health announces that today, February 10, 2022:
– 1 death was announced
– It's about:
– A woman, aged 78, who died on February 9
Total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19: 762.
– 198 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized in OKYPY hospitals
– 47 in serious condition (4 in ICU / 14 intubated, 29 in MAF)
– Percentage of patients without a history of vaccination: 64.15%
– 28 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious continue to be treated intubated for COVID in an Intensive Care Unit.
– A total of 113,030 diagnostic tests were performed
– 2,815 new cases were identified (total of 283,458 cases).
– Position rate in all exams 2.49%
Molecular tests (PCR):
– 6,586 molecular tests were performed
– 441 positive incidents occurred
– Positiveness rate 6.7%
Rapid Antigen Detection Test (Rapid Test):
– 106,444 rapid antigen detection tests were performed
– There were 2,374 positive incidents
– Positiveness rate 2.23%
– 415 molecular tests were performed and 67 positive cases were identified (positivity rate 16.14%)
– 1,218 rapid antigen detection tests were performed and 115 positive cases were identified (positivity rate 9.44%)
– 2,212 molecular tests were performed, 286 positive cases were identified (12.93% positivity rate)
– 46,084 rapid antigen detection tests were performed, 1,466 positive cases were detected (positivity rate 3.18%)
60,360 rapid antigen detection tests were performed through the programs of the Ministry of Health. 908 positive cases were identified.
– Sampling points: 17,020 rapid detection tests detected 495 positive cases (positivity rate 2.91%)
– Primary Education: 20,207 rapid antigen detection tests, 127 positive cases were detected (positivity rate 0.63%)
– Secondary Education: 12,620 rapid detection tests detected 80 positive cases (positivity rate 0.63%)
– Test-to-Stay: 6,448 rapid antigen detection tests were performed and 60 positive cases were detected (0.93% positivity rate)
– Special Schools: 536 tests for rapid antigen detection were performed and 6 positive cases were identified (positivity rate 1.12%)
– Nursing homes: 752 rapid antigen detection tests were performed, 17 positive cases were identified (positivity rate 2.26%)
Closed structures: 284 rapid antigen detection tests were performed and 1 new case was detected (positivity rate 0.35%).
– Government Services: 1,275 rapid antigen detection tests were performed and 7 positive cases were identified (0.55% positivity rate)
The figures mentioned in the announcement are indicative and may vary based on the final and up-to-date data sent in the context of the National Epidemiological Risk Report published every second Friday.
The change in the way daily results are announced has a dual purpose.
On the one hand, the way in which the results were announced on a daily basis is simplified, so that they can be more easily understood by the media officials and the citizens. will be given in total for all hospitals) which is not considered necessary as it does not provide essential information regarding the course and monitoring of the pandemic.
On the other hand, the examinations carried out per category of the population are grouped, in order to draw more correct conclusions at a scientific level as well.
For example, the severity of the results and the rate of positivity through the tracking process is different from the severity of the results performed daily and concerning people who need a negative result for SafePass purposes.
In the same way, the percentage of positivity from the tests carried out in the schools, is of different weight from the rest, respectively, since through this, the situation in the school units can be more correctly monitored.
Based on this philosophy, it was deemed necessary to change the way the results are announced daily. It is emphasized that then and depending on the data that emerge per phase of the pandemic, further changes and adjustments may be made.