The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 14, 2022 :
- No deaths of patients with a final cause of death of COVID-19 were recorded, and therefore the total number of deaths remains 672.
- 257 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 91 are in serious condition. 73.16% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 18 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be treated intubated in a serious condition due to COVID in an Intensive Care Unit.
- A total of 122,217 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
- 3,042 (positivity rate: 2.49%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 221,416.
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients were reported. Therefore, the total number of final causes of COVID-19 disease remains 672, of which:
- 422 men (62.8%), and
- 250 women (37.2%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76 years.
In total, 257 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 91 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 91 patients who are in serious condition, 28 are intubated, 4 are hospitalized in an intravenous intensive care unit and 59 in an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||16|
|Intensive Care Unit||7|
|Intensive Care Unit||18|
|Intensive Care Unit||9|
|Intensive Care Unit||19|
| Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||4|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 122,217 diagnoses made, 8,416 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 113,801 by the antigen rapid test method, 3042 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 177 cases from 1,662 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 31 cases from 2,217 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 403 cases from 4,011 samples taken through private initiative.
- 33 cases from 412 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1,491 cases from 58,299 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 906 cases from 55,502 samples that were examined with the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
- 1 case from 114 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
The figures mentioned in the announcement are indicative and may vary based on the final and up-to-date data sent in the context of the National Epidemiological Risk Report published every second Friday.