The Ministry of Health, in the context of efforts to strengthen the immunity of the population and prevent the disease COVID-19 caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, emphasizes the following:
a) It is recommended boost with Pfizer's updated bivalent mRNA technology vaccine, Comirnaty Original/Omicron BA.4 and BA.5, in persons 12 years of age and older, provided that the period of three (3) months has passed since receiving the last dose of the primary vaccination or the booster of the monovalent vaccine.
The updated bivalent mRNA technology vaccines that include the BA.4 and BA.5 sub-variants of Moderna's Omicron variant are also available for boosters at vaccination centers 12 years of age and older, provided that a period of five (5) months has passed since the last dose of the original vaccine was received.
b) The use of Pfizer's updated bivalent mRNA vaccines Comirnaty Original/Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 is recommended as a booster dose in persons 5 to 11 years of age b>, for active immunization. This vaccine is only indicated for persons who have previously received at least one primary course of vaccination against COVID-19, provided that a period of three (3) months has passed since the last dose.
c) Pfizer's Comirnaty monovalent vaccine of mRNA technology is recommended as initial vaccination, in children 6 months to 4 years of age for the original strain of the virus. p>
- Beneficiaries will be able to be served through walk-in vaccination centers operating in all provinces.
- Vaccination with a booster dose of vaccine is recommended after 3 months from the 1st positive test against the disease COVID-19.
Receiving a booster dose of vaccine against the disease COVID-19 is optional.
It is emphasized that the original vaccines for COVID-19 still provide protection against severe disease, hospitalization and death and are used for < b>primary vaccination. The Pfizer vaccine and the single-dose modified virus vaccine Johnson & Johnson. Attached is Table 1 with the schedule of operation of the Vaccination Centers.
In order to carry out vaccination, the following must be provided:
- Identification document (ID or passport) and vaccination card.
- For the initial vaccination against COVID-19 of persons under the age of 18, the consent form signed by both parents (Greek or English), as well as proof of identification (ID or birth certificate).
- For better planning of vaccinations for people under 12 years of age, those interested should make an appointment at the telephone numbers in Table 2.
 With an immune response against 1) the original SARS-CoV-2 strain and 2) the Omicron BA.4 and BA subvariants. 5.
 Primary vaccination includes two doses of monovalent (with an immune response against the original SARS-CoV-2 strain) mRNA vaccines or protein vaccine or one dose of Johnson & Johnson.