The Ministry of Health announces that today, August 30, 2021:
- Two people died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 501.
- 143 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 58 are in serious condition. 83.22% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 20 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases) continue to be hospitalized in intensive care due to COVID in Intensive Care Units.
- A total of 53,577 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 311 (positivity rate: 0.58%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 113,588 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
The two people who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 are:
- A 74-year-old woman who ended up today at Paphos General Hospital.
- A 77-year-old man who ended up at his home. The death was reported by a private doctor.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 501, of which:
- 324 men (65%), and
- 177 women (35%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76.5 years.
In total, 143 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 58 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 58 patients in serious condition, 20 are intubated, four are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 34 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||5|
|Intensive Care Unit||9|
|Intensive Care Unit||16|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
| Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||4|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 53,577 diagnoses made today, 6,575 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 47,002 by the antigen rapid test, 311 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 15 cases from 181 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 6 cases from 3,180 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 60 cases from 2,645 samples taken through private initiative.
- 11 cases from 255 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1 case of 314 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 173 cases from 33,526 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 45 cases from 13,476 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
|Tourist control – PASYXE||69||0|
|Passenger sampling at airports||158||0|
RUN and POWER Group: Enhanced Living Experience.