The DIGIT4ALL program with the aim of “digital skills and computer equipment for all” is run in Cyprus by the Center For Social Innovation (CSI) through Erasmus+.
The pioneering This project, which started last September and has a duration of 24 months, aims to support people to acquire and develop basic digital skills by providing them with access to computers and digital education.
The main goal of the project is to increase integration in the workplace and society, while promoting the need for sustainable reuse of digital equipment. This will be achieved through several workshops that will offer participants guidance on how to access common digital tools and upgrade their digital literacy using open source software.
The project objective will be achieved by enhancing access to education and the qualifications of participants.
The main target groups of the program are students, trainers, educational institutions and companies. The DIGIT4ALL project seeks to increase awareness of digital literacy and understanding of the need for cross-skills, develop future professional activity towards digital literacy and finally enhance sustainable employability and entrepreneurship based on innovative training and proactive action.
Partners will produce the following:
- Guide for trainers (how to reach the target group, digital literacy statistics, instructions),
- Full workshops (Choosing a used computer – Install and use for free and open source operating system and software – Digital skills such as digital environment, research, communication, digital security – Use of e-learning platforms and online tools in the classroom,
- Methodology for the implementation of the workshop (Report on the implementation/experimentation of the workshops – Impact and increase/analysis of digital skills.
The DIGIT4ALL project consortium consists of a total of seven organizations from five European countries:
- OSENGO – France (coordinating organization)
- Centre for Social Innovation (CSI) & #8211; Cyprus
- INSTITUT ZA PODGOTOVKA NA SLUJITELIV MEJDUNARODNI ORGANIZACII ZDRUZHENIE (ITPO) – Bulgaria
- Compass – Beratung, Begleitung und Training Gemeinnützige GmbH – Austria
- Consultoría de Innovación Social (CIS) – Spain
- WISAMAR BILDUNGSGESELLSCHAFT Gemeinnützige GmbH – Germany
- Euroform – Italy
Last September the kick-off meeting for DIGIT4ALL took place in Innsbruck, Austria where the partners discussed the general management of the project and ways approach to the target group. They also clarified the tasks of each organization according to the proposal, agreed on the implementation of the first steps of the project and set the dates for the upcoming meetings of the partners. All project results were also presented and discussed by the lead partner of each product, and the partnership also agreed on the dissemination strategy. The partners will meet again in Germany for the second meeting of partners in May 2023, hosted by Wisamar.