Announcement of the Ministry of Health regarding new cases of COVID -19 disease
The Ministry of Health announces that today, February 15, 2021:
- One person has died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 222.
- 86 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 25 are in serious condition.
- A total of 35,164 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 113 (positivity rate: 0.32%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 32,626 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
One person who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 is:
- A woman, 86 years old, with underlying diseases, who ended up in the General Hospital of Nicosia.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 222, of which:
- 149 men (67%), and
- 73 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 79 years.
In total, 86 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, 25 of whom are in serious condition or with MAF conditions.
Of the 25 patients who are critical, 10 are intubated, 10 are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and five to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Famagusta (23 patients)||Intensive Care Unit||2|
|Intensive Care Unit||20 (10 except ventilator)|
|Intensive Care Unit||1|
|Intensive Care Unit||2|
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 35,164 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 2,066 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 33,098 by the antigen rapid test, 113 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 34 cases out of 311 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 2 cases of 803 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 8 cases from 470 samples taken through private initiative.
- 3 cases from 263 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 2 cases from 526 samples examined by the method of antigen rapid test in private clinical laboratories.
- 64 cases from 32,572 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 219 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen test (rapid test) was performed today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives||Percentage of positivity|
|Strovolos Industrial Area||412||0|